If you are a foreign national who wants to start or buy a business in the United States and you come from a country that has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States, you should apply for the E-2 Visa, a nonimmigrant visa that allows you to enter the United States by investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. In this article, we will explain what the E-2 Visa is, who qualifies for it, and why you should consider applying.
The E-2 Visa and Its Requirements
The E-2 visa is an investment visa designed for nationals of countries with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, known as treaty countries. To qualify for the E-2 visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a national of a treaty country.
- You must have invested or be in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States.
- The amount of invested capital must be sufficient to ensure your financial commitment to the success of the business and must be at risk.
- You must be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the enterprise.
- Your investment must not be marginal, meaning that it must generate more than enough income to support you and your family AND create jobs for U.S. workers.
Why You Should Apply for the E-2 Visa
The E-2 visa has many benefits for investors and entrepreneurs, including:
- You can live and work in the U.S.
- You can travel internationally with your E-2 visa.
- You can bring your spouse and children under 21 years old with you on an E-2 dependent visa.
- Your spouse can apply for work authorization and work for any employer in the U.S.
- Your children can attend school in the U.S.
- You can renew your E-2 visa indefinitely as long as you maintain your investment and meet the requirements.
- You can enjoy tax benefits as a nonresident alien.
If you want to take your business career to the next level, the U.S. is where you want to be. The E-2 Visa is simply one of the best paths toward the greatest economy in the world. If you have the capital, the passion, the time to start a business in the United States and have a positive impact on the U.S. economy, AND you are fortunate enough to have been born in a treaty country, then you should definitely apply for the E-2 Visa.
We Can Help You Apply for the E-2 Visa
Applying for an E-2 visa is not an easy task. It requires a lot of preparation, documentation, and planning. You need to prove that your business is real, viable, and beneficial to the U.S. economy. You also need to show that you have invested or are in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital in your business and that you are at risk of losing it if the business fails. However, these are only some of the requirements you will need to meet.
That is why we recommend that you hire professionals to help you with this crucial step. At Jurado & Associates, P.A., we have the expertise and experience to help you with your E-2 visa application. We will work with you to understand your business goals, gather the necessary information and documents, and create a customized application package that showcases the potential and viability of your business, making sure that it is clear, accurate, complete, and compliant with the E-2 Visa requirements.
Do not let the E-2 Visa application process intimidate you. Applying for the E-2 Visa is easy when you work with experts who understand the process, like us. We will be by your side every step of the way. We will not just be your lawyers; we will be your partners.
We look forward to working with you!