Professional Title Services from an expert Title Attorney can make or break your real estate acquisition for years to come.
When you purchase or receive any type of real estate, you are getting more than just the physical property: You are also acquiring the rights to own, posses, and transfer it—known collectively as “title”. No amount of money paid to a seller will confer legal ownership without professional Title Services that will protect your interests for years to come. That is why Jurado & Associates, P.A. has a dedicated team of specialized Real Estate and Title Attorneys who know what to look for and how to help.
The Basics of Title
Whenever you buy or receive a property, you are “taking title” to it. In layman’s terms, title constitutes your “bundle of rights” over a property. When an individual holds title to something, they have the legally recognized right to own, posses, use, rent, mortgage, and convey (through sale or gift) the property.
Title rights are not to be taken for granted: Even if you pay full price for a property, without actual proof of title[R1] , you may lack full use and enjoyment over the property—and may have no rights at all.
Any “legal person” can take title to a property, including individuals, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and trusts. Tile is taken through a special legal instrument known as a deed, which can take many forms but must have specific language to be effective.
Each time a property changes hands, one party takes title from another: Over time, this creates a “chain of title” that stretches from the first recorded owner to the current one. This chain of title also reveals a number of issues or events that occurred throughout the property’s legal history, such as claims by third parties, court judgments, liens, and code violations.
Many of these issues “attach” to the title, meaning if you take title without having them cleared or resolved, they will become your problem to bear—unless you enlist the help of a qualified Real Estate and Title Attorney from Jurado & Associates.
Why Professional Title Services Are Imperative
The key takeaway about title is that it is the cornerstone of any property transaction, whether it is a purchase, gift, or inheritance. As an inherently legal matter, it is best handled by one our experienced attorneys [MRM2] who specializes in a multitude of title services that protect your interests. These include:
- Title Search—Through a wide range of special tools and strategies, you Jurado & Associates attorney will thoroughly investigate all available records and information on the subject property. This will help rule out or uncover potential problems in the property’s title history that may jeopardize your rights down the road, such as a missing deed, an outstanding tax balance, etc.
- Title Insurance—Even the most meticulous title search may not uncover so-called “hidden hazards” that may still come back to haunt you long after you have settled into your new acquisition. We can prepare a special “Title Insurance Policy” designed to protect your rights against future claims or issues by providing coverage for related litigation—and even compensation should the worst-case scenario occur, and you lose the property.
- Opinion of Title—This document is requested in certain situations, such as to obtain a mortgage or determine mineral rights to your property. It can only be issued by an attorney and attests to the accuracy and validity of the deed and your ownership of the property.
- Title Documents—Deeds take many forms and offer varying levels of protection depending on their language, so it is crucial to have an attorney prepare or review one before signing. Only a legal professional can know the complex legal circumstances of the property or transaction, which will determine what type of deed you need. Regardless, the deed must have certain language and “formalities” to be valid under Florida law, which further highlights the importance of hiring one of our Florida attorneys.
- Quiet Title Action—This is a special lawsuit typically filed with a court by the owner of a property. It asks the court to enter a judgment terminating the rights of all parties that might have claims against your ownership rights. If successful, it will remove any “cloud on title” that leaves your right uncertain and tenuous and ensure that you have full and clear title over the property.
Why You Should Hire Jurado & Associates Today
Title services are imperative to helping ensure your real estate dreams do not become nightmares. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer, seasoned investor, or an entrepreneur seeking a new business space, you must ensure that the title to your property is as free and clear as possible.
Jurado & Associates combines deep knowledge of title and real estate law with unbridled passion for our clients. We know the importance of title services and will stop at nothing to safeguard your interests as efficiently and meticulously as possible. Your Real Estate and Title Attorney will work closely with you to understand the specific circumstances of your transaction and how best to serve you. To learn more or schedule a consultation, call me at (305) 921-0976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.