Canceling a timeshare contract in Florida and getting your money back is possible if you act fast enough.
Timeshare contracts are legally binding agreements that can have serious financial and legal consequences if you breach them. However, there is a way to get out of a timeshare contract in Florida without any penalties. However, you only have 10 days to do so.
Below, we will explain how you can cancel a timeshare contract in Florida within the first 10 days of signing it.
Why Would You Want to Cancel a Timeshare Contract?
There are many reasons why you might want to cancel a timeshare contract in Florida. Some of the most common ones are:
- You realized that you cannot afford the timeshare fees and expenses, or that they are higher than you expected.
- You found out that the timeshare property has defects or problems.
- You discovered that the timeshare company or the seller misrepresented or omitted important information about the timeshare, such as the availability, the quality, the amenities, the restrictions, or the costs.
- You changed your mind about the timeshare purchase, or you have other personal or financial reasons to cancel it.
Whatever your reason is, you have the right to cancel a timeshare contract in Florida within the first 10 days of signing it, without any penalties or fees. This is called the rescission period, and it is a legal protection that Florida law provides to timeshare buyers.
How to Cancel a Timeshare Contract in Florida within the First 10 Days
The rescission period is a very short window of opportunity to cancel a timeshare contract in Florida. You must act quickly and follow the proper steps to exercise your right to rescind. Here is what you need to do:
- Read your timeshare contract carefully and look for the section that explains how to cancel it. It should include the address and the name of the person or entity that you need to send your cancellation letter to.
- Write a letter stating that you are canceling your timeshare contract, and include your name, your address, your phone number, your email, and the date of purchase.
- Sign and date your letter, and make a copy for your records.
- Send your letter by certified mail (return receipt requested) to the address and the person or entity specified in your contract.
- Keep the receipt and the tracking number of your mail, and make sure that you receive a confirmation of delivery.
- Wait for a refund of your timeshare purchase price and any fees that you paid. The timeshare company or the seller must refund you within 20 days of receiving your cancellation letter, or within 5 days of receiving the funds from your cleared check, whichever is later.
If you follow these steps, you should be able to cancel your timeshare contract without any penalties or fees.
However, if you need any legal advice or assistance, you should contact a qualified and experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Canceling a Timeshare Contract in Florida is Easy When You Work with Experts
Jurado & Associates, P.A. has helped many clients cancel their timeshare contracts in Florida, and we can help you too.
We know how to deal with timeshare companies and sellers and how to protect your rights and interests.
Some of the things we can do for you are:
- Reviewing your timeshare contract and explaining your options and obligations.
- Sending your cancellation letter and ensuring that it is received and processed.
- Negotiating with the timeshare company or the seller to resolve any disputes or issues.
- Taking legal action against the timeshare company or the seller if they refuse to refund your money or if they violate the law.
- Recovering any damages or compensation that you may be entitled to.
If you want to cancel a timeshare contract in Florida, do not hesitate to contact us today. You can call us at (305) 921-0976, email us at [email protected], or send us a WhatsApp message at +1 (305) 921-0976.
We are ready to help you get rid of your timeshare nightmare and get your money back. Do not let a timeshare contract ruin your finances.